Leadership Philosophy | Sample 2
Dennis C. Parker
President & CEO
Active Minerals International, LLC
My Leadership Philosophy is based on the principals that I have learned through the study of both strong and weak leaders. It is my belief that following these principals will be the most profitable and rewarding way to lead my life and positively impact the lives of those around me.
I lead by:
- Earning credibility through the achievement of results that exceed established targets for Active Minerals.
- Setting goals which are measurable and achievable. Measurement of progress and taking corrective action insures success.
- Integrity and character are traits critical to success and the success of AMI
- Recognizing the success of others is paramount to the success of the company. I express gratitude and thanks for the contribution of others.
- Setting the right example by aligning actions and words with values.
- Making and keeping commitments. Execution of the plan.
I place great value in:
- Honesty. Honesty is not a judgment call or a policy. It is being honest.
- Trust. Trust is earned by delivery on goals and objectives without excuses for failure when it comes. Transparency increases trust.
- Credibility. People who deliver what they promise build credibility and trust with those around them.
- Communication. Clear concise written and verbal communication avoids error, mistakes and misunderstanding. Take time to think, take time to write and communicate in a manner you would like to be treated.
- Accuracy. Elimination of errors and inaccuracy builds confidence in our process, our people and our customers. Learn from mistakes, accept responsibility, correct mistakes and prevent mistakes from reoccurring.
- Quality. Exceed the customer's quality expectations to generate customer satisfaction, trust, goodwill and repeat business.
- Knowledge. Sharing knowledge builds trust, gains credibility and increases productivity in our company and with our customers.
- Intelligence and Competency. Complex opportunities require people that can fully understand the benefit of win-win solutions and the ability to implement them.
- Listen. Actively listen and focus on what is being said, not what you want to say. Form your reply with care and fore thought.
What I expect:
- When you come to me with a problem, bring multiple solutions. Ask questions, get me engaged and keep me informed. Give me feedback!
- Tell the truth in a timely, accurate manner. Don't delay bad news.
- Work towards your objectives daily. Keep them in focus and plan for success.
- Be pro-active in your work and take pride in it. Do your best! Fix it now! Don't wait to be told; don't wait for it to break.
- Protect the company and its interest at all times. Give the company a full day's work for a full day's pay.
- Focus activities on getting results, meeting goals and help others do the same by sharing knowledge. Build credibility through results and others will trust you.
- Show respect for the individual in your words and deeds. Learn from those you lead and value their contribution. Invest in their success.
- Be a team player and a team leader.
- Give and accept constructive, fair criticism and make honest efforts to improve. Seek and give feedback so to reach your full potential.
- Innovate for the company to evolve and succeed. Understand the risks associated with innovation and communicate them to the best of your ability.
- Know what customers want and what the competition is doing. Deliver what the customer wants better than the competition.
- Do not waste time or words. Make reports concise and to the point. Meetings have an agenda and are results oriented. Make assignments, set times and dates for completion.
Things I do not accept:
- Unsafe working environments, work practices or willful violations of company safety rules and regulations.
- Lying to cover up a mistake or a misappropriation of company funds. A purposeful omission is the same as a lie.
- Negligence of duty to the company or as a citizen. Do the right thing.
- People who are disruptive, disrespectful or abusive towards employees, customers, federal/state inspectors or vendors.
- Individuals that reap personal benefit as a result of their position or control over company resources or activities.
- Any willful act or practice that results in environmental damage which violates state or federal law.