Leadership Boot Camp for Investment Stewards
An intensive three-day program for advisors, trustees, and investment committee members, which combines the elements of leadership, stewardship and fiduciary responsibility.
If you are managing the assets of a retirement plan, foundation, endowment, or private trust; or, if you're a financial advisor providing comprehensive and continuous investment advice, than you're serving in a stewardship role, and you may even be subject to a fiduciary standard of care. As critical as your function is, there have been very few opportunities for you to receive comprehensive training on your responsibilities, and your critical leadership role. That is, until now...
The Leadership Boot Camp for Investment Stewards represents a melding of a traditional executive leadership and coaching program with training on an investment decision-making framework. During this intensive 3-day program you will learn:
- To define and communicate your own leadership and stewardship philosophy.
- How to apply an integrated leadership and decision-making framework to manage your responsibilities as a steward.
- About your unique leadership profile, and how your profile will impact your ability to communicate with, and to motivate others.
- About uniform fiduciary standards, and the legal substantiation for the framework defined by the Leadership Trident.
- About portfolio management and best practices associated with an investment decision-making process.
- About building trust and loyalty
- About the leadership behaviors of highly effective investment stewards.
Benefits of Attending
- Academic Certification: Professionals who pass the optional final exam can receive the "Certificate in Fiduciary Governance" from the Thunderbird School of Global Management.
- Professional Designation: Advisors can earn the new GFS (Global Fiduciary Strategist) designation.
Your Tuition Includes
- A 3-day, goal-focused, outcome-driven workshop.
- Course notebook.
- A USB drive with course slides; assessment instruments; client presentation materials; PDF version of the Ethos- series of handbooks; and sample investment policy statements.
- Your Personal Energize2LeadTM Leadership Profile.
- A copy of The Spark, the Flame, and the Torch (Secretan); Stewardship (Taft); The Leader's Compass (Ruggero and Haley); The Speed of Trust (Covey); Freedom from Wealth (Lowenhaupt and Trone) and, depending on the participant's practice area, one of the books from the Ethos-series (Trone).
2012 Event Information
Training will be conducted at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in New London, CT.
U.S. Coast Guard Academy
New London, CT
Orientation Brochure (PDF)
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel at any time up to 21 days prior to the event and receive a refund (less a 10% processing fee). If you cancel later, you may send a substitute or transfer to another scheduled Boot Camp for a $150 administrative service charge. Academy Leadership reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any event.